As some of you may know, I will be arriving late to Spring 3. Why, you ask? What could possibly keep me from spending a full weekend freezing in the woods with you marvelous people? May 20th is the opening night of Hole in the Wall Theater of New Britain's Pirates of Penzance, a whimsical light opera about...well...pirates. Show is rated somewhere between a G and a PG, easily understandable lyrics, and just all around good fun. Info can be found here: www.facebook.com
. for those of you who haven't sold your soul to Mark Zuckerberg, info can also be found at www.hitw.org. We run 4, yes 4 weekends! So here are the top ten reasons why you should come and see it:
10. Pirates. Yarr.
9. Pirates...in kicklines. Yarr step step kick touch kick step. Yarr
8. This is one of those rare times I direct a show with NO @#$%& jokes. Ok...one @#$%& joke.
7. There's a better than good chance that if you go on a night I am in attendance, you will see me consume an entire bottle of wine through a crazy straw.
6. There's a pay what you can night...even if "what you can" is zero!
5. You can tell your friends you went to the opera and sound all classy
4. The cast just sounds really mind blowingly good.
3. You'll gain valuable insight into my incredibly warped sense of humor which you can later use against me in fun and creative ways. (plot team, I'm looking at you)
2. Supporting the arts is what keeps us one step above the animals. (except for octopus. those bastards are too smart)
and the number one reason you should come
1. I really like you all and it would make me happy.