Welcome Friend!   There are 120 Adventurers Exploring our World

Today in Eldyrwood is the 19th Day of the Lovers' Moon, 519th Harvest A.L.

Off Topic
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Board ListMessage ListNew TopicSearch
Spending Up On Skills
Posted by: Jennifer P (IP Logged)
Date: April 19, 2016 12:21PM

I'm a wee little healer and I've got some cp/up to spend.(~100+) I hate to bare a bit of my soul, but for the sake of discussion, I'd like to get a few ideas on what skills to take next.

See the screenshot for what I have, and maybe make some suggestions? I'm a shaman and my big focus is healing, helping others, and such... if that helps.

imgur.com

Feel free to PM me or post here. Not going to post my prayers, but I'll say that I've got all of the pilgrim stuff down, and am starting to figure out more.

-Jen

jen %at% jen.fm

Re: Spending Up On Skills
Posted by: Dave E (IP Logged)
Date: April 19, 2016 12:40PM

1) Diagnose
2) Empathic Healing
3) More Faith

Farmer and Shaman
Husband and Father
Citizen of Eldyrwood

Posted by: Tim G (IP Logged)
Date: April 19, 2016 01:45PM

Empathic healing is certainly optional, but I believe Diagnose to be one of the most useful skills available to your path. That and Faith, perhaps a second Vitality if you haven't bought one yet might not be a bad idea as well.

You have a good foundation thus far.

Posted by: Daniel L (IP Logged)
Date: April 19, 2016 09:03PM

Karma is an amazing skill.

Posted by: Endre P (IP Logged)
Date: May 6, 2016 07:58PM

often times people of faith forget this: you can cast faith spells while wearing armor.

I've many times seen a healer fall because of a simple bolt spell or an arrow or thrown weapon.

Food for thought.

I do however, give a very strong vote to diagnose. I also give a strong vote to empathic healing if it fits your characters personality. I chose not to get it purely because I don't believe it falls in line with my character.

I also strongly recommend Karma. It's not a "divine" skill or healer skill but it is a good one to have.

Also other lines of thought to mull over:

The ability to make holy water. Without crossing into too much FOIG, it is so incredibly useful to have.

I also believe that any healer should have at least one last rites. Role playing and character development wise when you choose to get it is up to you. I know I personally have used my personal stock of them every single game since I've gotten it.

Divine Scrollcraft - Being able to make a few scrolls can be super useful - even simple one or two poppers. Remember, there are many people in town who cannot call on divine power but can channel it through a scroll. There are also other very good reasons to get this.

Others will suggest and I do also if it falls in line with your character: purchasing 1 or 2 resist poison. Nothing is worse than being poisoned and not having a friend or potion to cleanse you (remember you can't cleanse yourself with mana or faith if you are poisoned).

Sorry, only registered users may post in this Board.

Send us your Comments or Email the Webmaster.

© 1996-2019 by Mythical Journeys. All Rights Reserved.

Mythical Journeys ♦ Pomfret, CT USA