Welcome Friend!   There are 151 Adventurers Exploring our World

Today in Eldyrwood is the 19th Day of the Lovers' Moon, 519th Harvest A.L.

Off Topic
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Board ListMessage ListNew TopicSearch
Boots!
Posted by: Richard D (IP Logged)
Date: May 13, 2016 08:13AM

Hey guy,

During the summer I am going to be in the market for a nice pair of period boots. Ones that can hold up to LARPing of course and then just the occasional wear at faire's. I've heard of some horror stories so I don't want to buy blindly. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Boots have always been the last accessory for my garb and have just gotten buy on some modern boots.

Thanks!

Re: Boots!
Posted by: Jennifer P (IP Logged)
Date: May 13, 2016 09:20AM

Some suggestions:

Andar Boots: Made in China. But still decent quality, nut require some breaking in.
Pretty inexpensive, look pretty period, and not too shabby (what I run around in too now.)
houseofandar.com

If you've got the money, and want hand-crafted boots that are probably the best out there.
Son of Sandlar: sonofsandlar.com
Made in America, pretty expensive, but I've also heard pretty much the comfiest and best boot you can get.

Posted by: Erik G (IP Logged)
Date: May 13, 2016 11:02AM

Most of us have sons of sandlar. I love my pair! They run around 500-600 but will be the last Larp boots you ever buy.

Posted by: Jonathan D (IP Logged)
Date: May 13, 2016 03:30PM

The Sandlar boots didn't fit my feet. I have nativearth.net

Just in Tyme Boots will be at the spring faire, if you want an option you can try on in advance.

Date: May 13, 2016 04:37PM

Thank You everyone. I'm hoping to get to the Spring Faire!!!!

Posted by: Tim G (IP Logged)
Date: May 13, 2016 04:45PM

I believe Just in Tyme sells House of Andar boots... Or am I thinking of something else?

Posted by: Steve K (IP Logged)
Date: May 15, 2016 08:25PM

I happen to have a spare pair of Sandlar Boots - peasant style Size 11/11.5.

I am selling them as I cant use them. They have also received medial cardinal support on the inner sides.

Date: May 16, 2016 07:50AM

Thank You Steven, but alas I am a size 10 and a half.

Posted by: Jessica B (IP Logged)
Date: May 16, 2016 07:09PM

Keep in mind that you might want boot space for socks, socks, and more socks in the colder months. I'm finding that my sandlar pair fit well and snug during the warmer weather, but get tight-to-snug when I want to wear thicker socks in the winter. Getting them off is fun...

Try on the larger size to get an idea of how they fit!

Posted by: Steve K (IP Logged)
Date: May 16, 2016 10:07PM

If there is interest I will bring them this weekend.

Date: May 20, 2016 09:04AM

Sorry for the delay, works been hell this week. I am all set with the boots at the moment, I need to save for them. Thank you for offering to bring them though Steve.

Posted by: Christopher G (IP Logged)
Date: August 17, 2016 03:37PM

If you want very very specific things, and have a stellar budget, Catskill Moccasins are good too.
Renboots and Son of Sandlar do very similar boots, so I'd see which has a better deal.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this Board.

Send us your Comments or Email the Webmaster.

© 1996-2019 by Mythical Journeys. All Rights Reserved.

Mythical Journeys ♦ Pomfret, CT USA