Welcome Friend!   There are 32 Adventurers Exploring our World

Today in Eldyrwood is the 23rd Day of the Lovers' Moon, 519th Harvest A.L.

Off Topic
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Board ListMessage ListNew TopicSearch
Formating Of Pels
Posted by: Grant L (IP Logged)
Date: May 26, 2016 05:49PM

HTML Tags in PELs for Bold and other effects

I have noticed some people have tried to use HTML tags to highlight their PELs.

As I can see the tags I could see it was not working do I did a quick test and found this out.

The web page for PELs is set up to use <, > for tags unlike the msg board that uses [, ]

Grant Lower

Character Updates, Scroll craft, Rune craft, Ritual Magic and Magic Items Coordinator

Re: Formating Of Pels
Posted by: Katie C (IP Logged)
Date: May 26, 2016 06:58PM

Also, I am going to jump on here to once again advocate for writing your PELS with headers for sections. I.e.

-Ghargrin time
-Shadow Time
-Fiend time

Ghargrin
Oh man, we totally killed a ghargrin. That will definitely be awesome for us in every way.

Shadow
Daeron eloped with the Shadow Lord. Many blessings on their union.

Fiends
Who doesn't love fiend worshipers? They are so cute and innocent.

That way we can look at the headers at the top and then scroll through to find things we need. Makes things WAAAAYYYY easier.

If you interacted with someone for any length of time, use their name as the header. If we are trying to find a particular thing in your PELs, it makes life so much better for us.

I do not and will not read PELs that are submitted as giant text blocks as they hurt my eyes and my brain. I know there are other plot writers that agree with me.... for the love of all that is good and holy, please don't be "that guy"
kthnxbye

Re: Formating Of Pels
Posted by: Marion M (IP Logged)
Date: June 3, 2016 03:05PM

I am not on plot, but as an avid reader of (sometimes very badly written) online writing, I recommend this:

The best thing you can do when writing is to chop the text into as many paragraphs as you need.

Remember, each paragraph should be one idea, even if it is a one-sentence idea.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this Board.

Send us your Comments or Email the Webmaster.

© 1996-2019 by Mythical Journeys. All Rights Reserved.

Mythical Journeys ♦ Pomfret, CT USA