Welcome Friend!   There are 201 Adventurers Exploring our World

Today in Eldyrwood is the 21st Day of the Storm Moon, 519th Harvest A.L.

Off Topic
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Board ListMessage ListNew TopicSearch
Eldyrwood Summer Vacation Art Contest
Posted by: Steven L (IP Logged)
Date: June 27, 2018 08:09AM

Hey guys,

In the winter, I sponsored an art contest for MJ's Social Media, where people sent in their art about what their characters were up to over winter break. The work that came in was entertaining, exciting, and they really boosted morale. I gave about 30UP to the winner, which was our own Van'Dal who made an amazing comic strip that had people clamoring for more.

We announced this on our FB and Instagram a couple of weeks ago, but I was remiss in not putting it here for those of you not on either of those platforms.

Announcing the Eldyrwood Summer Vacation Art Contest
This time around, I am upping the prize to 50 UP. You can send your submissions through the FB page or privately to me via courier (I can send you my email) by July 9 .

Last time, we had a lot of people asking for more time, and if enough interest is sent to be a part of this, but feel the time constraints are too tight, let me know, I may extend it.

As for how the voting works:
On July 11, we will post the artwork on FB and Instragram. People will vote by liking (or using on of the emoji reactions) on the art they really like. You can vote for multiple people. The voting will go until Sunday, July 15.

If you have any questions, let me know. Looking forward to seeing what you come up with!

Re: Eldyrwood Summer Vacation Art Contest
Date: July 9, 2018 09:07PM

Hey all!

Over the weekend, members of our esteemed staff contacted me and they threw more UP at the prize, while I was fielding messages of people asking for an extension. Well, guess what, these two threads have converged to make this even better.

That's right, there are now three prizes:

150 for first
100 for second
50 for third.

You now have until July 31! I don't think I need to tell you, this is a BIG giveaway and if you've been hurting for some UP, what do you have to lose?!

And remember, we want your stuff. Whether you can make a cool stick figure story, a painting, a photoshop, a movie, or even a voice-over over a photo montage. You can send them to us via Facebook, or to contest@mj-towncrier.com.

I'll make sure to post them shortly after. This is really exciting, and I'm thankful to the managers for being so generous!

Date: July 31, 2018 12:16PM

Today's the last day for submissions! We've gotten a ton so far, but we don't have yours, yet. Send them in before midnight!

Date: August 1, 2018 10:33AM

If you don't have FB, don't worry you can see (AND VOTE) for the Art here.

The voting closes on August 8.

Edited 1 times. Last edit at 08/01/18 10:34AM

Date: August 2, 2018 09:32AM

Here's just one of the super rad entries.

What's been amazing so far is to see that people really went with a narrative with their submissions this time around!

Remember, you can vote here

The winners will be announced next Wednesday.

1st Prize is 150UP!

Winners Of The Eldyrwood Summer Vacation Art Contest
Date: August 8, 2018 04:16PM

This was an incredibly close contest in the end, with the first and second place prizes having only two votes between them. That said, we're giving both the 1st prize value of 150UP and the third will receive 100!

First Prize: Kirk Felton

It's a compelling story, wonderfully told...

Also wonderfully told is our second prize winner's submission.

Second Prize: Megan B

Hilarious, relevant and lively! Here's hoping Koe got to eat that dang potato.

Third Place: Tj Jensen

Continuing the story from the Winter Break Contest, TJ sends pals to the Dragon Dynasty after a really bad shipwreck. I hope they got their noodles.

All in all, this was a fantastic contest. And I hope that UP comes in handy, folks! Until next time!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this Board.

Send us your Comments or Email the Webmaster.

© 1996-2019 by Mythical Journeys. All Rights Reserved.

Mythical Journeys ♦ Pomfret, CT USA